Serving All Makes & Models Since 1947
982 Grand Ave • St. Paul, MN 55105
Mon-Fri: 7am - 6pm
Brake Inspection / Brake Service
Symptoms of Brake Failure
When it comes to your car’s safety, brakes are at the top of the list of systems taht need to be maintained. Worn brakes can cause longer stopping distances and difficulties stopping in an emergency situation. Many people are not aware of the warning signs that indicate maintenance or brake service and repair may be needed.
Grinding: A metallic grinding sound indicates your brake pads are worn through. Continued driving with this condition not only causes further damage, it is also dangerous.
Squealing: A high pitch squeal noise heard at slow speed without brake pedal contact, means that the brake pads are down to the recommended wear replacement. There is a warning tab manufactured on the pad that rubs against the rotor to alert you. The noise usually goes away when the brake pedal is actuated.
Low or Fading Brake Pedal: Do you pump your brakes to stop? Does the pedal sink to the floor when you’re stopped at a light? You could have a leak, and air in the brake lines or the master cylinder is leaking internally. Any of these symptoms need to be addressed as soon as possible.
Pulling to One Side or Brake Drag: This condition is most often caused by stuck caliper slides or pistons. The stuck caliper will not apply the same pressure as the other. A properly working brake system requires even pressure to all wheels to stop safely and efficiently.
Brake Warning Lights: A brake warning light indicates a potential problem with your mechanical or antilock brake system and you should have your vehicle evaluated by a qualified ASE technician.
Remember to have your brakes checked any time you notice any of these conditions. At Lloyd’s Automotive we have ASE technicians with the expertise and the proper diagnostic equipment to keep you and your family safe on the road.
Why Inspect Brakes?
A squealing or grinding noise should be investigated immediately. Brake performance has improved in recent years, but a large percentage of vehicle’s brakes are not checked regularly. Brake work performed before you hear those squeals can save many dollars in repairs. Worn brake pads that begin to connect metal-to-metal can cause other damage and add extra dollars in brake system overhaul.
What we Inspect
- Brake lines
- Evaluate the condition of the brake fluid. If the brake fluid absorbs moisture it will become acidic. This can lead to deterioration of seals, and damage ABS module on vehicles equipped with Anti Lock Brakes.
- Check for leaks at master cylinder, lines, fittings, hoses, modules, and junction blocks.
- Check emergency brake adjustment.
Lloyd’s is Trusted Auto Repair
- Your convenience is our No. 1 priority. We strive to provide same day service on every vehicle. In addition, our local shuttle can make sure you get where you need to go and back while the work on your vehicle is completed.
- Before we ever start working on your car, we listen to you and use our expertise to ask smart questions so we can hone in on what is wrong quickly.
- We always test drive your vehicle so we can feel, hear, or see exactly what you do. We encourage you to come along on the test drive.
- Our ASE Certified Master technicians are one of our secrets to fixing your car right the first time. Each of our trusted auto repair technicians has the experience to assess and repair your vehicle correctly the first time. Every technician can consult with other members of our technical staff if an additional opinion is necessary. Knowledge is Power!
- Next, as a service to every Lloyd’s Automotive customer, we perform a complete safety inspection on your vehicle. We will rank key areas of your vehicle as good, needs attention, or critical and needs immediate attention.
- Once testing and inspection are completed, you will be contacted with an estimate before any repairs are started. As far as we are concerned, surprise bills are never welcome. No hidden taxes or fees here, the complete price is quoted up front.
- After you approve the repair, we provide you an estimate of the completion time and when you can plan on picking up your car. Remember, we also offer local shuttle service.
- Our ASE Master technician will then go to work and fix your car, right the first time and on time.
- Upon completion of your repair, we will use our “online” access to every major automobile manufacturer to make sure all factory specifications are correct and accurate.
- We will take your vehicle on a final quality assurance road test. Why should you test drive our repairs? When you slide behind the wheel you can be confident your vehicle is ready to go.
- We will call or email you and arrange to get you back into your vehicle.